MWE Holdings Berhad (“MWE”) was incorporated in the Federation of Malaya under the Companies Ordinance 1940 – 1946 as a public limited company under the name of Malaysia Weaving Printing Dyeing Factory Limited on 2 December 1964. On 30 June 1973, the Company changes its name to Malaysia Weaving Enterprise Berhad. The Company assumed its present name on 23 April 1979. The Company was listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (previously known as the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange) on 27 June 1974.
MWE is an investment holding company. The principal activities of the subsidiary companies consist of:-
- manufacturing and sale of garments and also leasing out textile factory to third party;
- developing and leasing out residential and commercial properties and property management services;
- design, manufacturing and distribution of telecommunication products;
- manage and operate oil palm plantation; and
- importing and distribution of trucks, management of a golf course and corporate services.
The core business of MWE Group will be driven by the textile division. The textile division has established itself as a reliable and reputable manufacturer of garments and enjoys continual orders from its long term overseas customers such as Nike, Lacoste, Oshkosh and Izod.
Today, MWE will continue to explore the possibilities of leverage its capabilities and resources to expand its business involvement, and to focus on the development of integrated solutions and harnessing the potential for value creation in the Group’s operating sectors.